Go Mo!

Leave a Comment
Ah, that time of year again. Time to dust off my best cheers and head to the London Marathon. 

I'd love to say I'd run it and am sat here bonding with my medal, but, for now, the roadside is where I'll stay.



There was definitely a higher turnout of spectators in comparison to previous years. I'm sure the prospect of seeing Mo Farah drew in the crowds. You can imagine the roars of excitement and OTT Mobots as he came running round the corner. And by running, I mean sprinting. The speed at which the elite runners go at is insane.

The whole event is ridiculously exciting. The atmosphere equals that of a carnival. 



If you stay long enough to watch the fun-runners, it's brilliant. You see kangaroos, bananas, trees, nuns, Captain Jack Sparrows and the odd celebrity. And where else can you scream out the names of people you've never met, and them actually smile at you? 





Be prepared to stand up for a long time if you are watching in the busier areas. The first half of the race you can usually sit on the curb if you get there early enough, but as the runners make their way down Embankment and down Birdcage Walk towards Buckingham Palace, the crowds tend to be a few people deep. We've solved this in previous years with picnic chairs. Yes, you feel a bit silly, but your legs will thank you for it. Big time.



I'm hoping to enter the ballot again for the 2015 race, so who knows! Definitely go and watch if you get the chance :)
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig